Carbon footprint reduction by empowering bi-cycle commuter/community in the cities of Bangladesh and by making bi-cycle as a mainstream transport.
Providing helmets to 1000 regular bicycle commuters of Dhaka. Why?
- It will provide them safety
- Visibility (bicycle commuters) on the road will be higher
- Motor vehicle drivers’ will indentify as a Transport
- Flocksoruceing will create a virtual lane on the road
- Enhancement on daily riding number
- Will define a state on the road
- Will look smarter
1000 helmets to 1000 regular bike commuters:
To give 1000 helmets to 1000 regular bike commuters of Dhaka, who have been using bi-cycle as their daily transport and support to use bi-cycle more to reduce consumption of motorize vehicle and to fight climate change.
- Design and construct 1000 helmets for regular bi-cycle commuters of Dhaka who has regular record of riding on their bike and owning a bi-cycle.
- Work with these 1000 bi-cycle commuters to explore the resources and infrastructure they need to have for safer ride and maximum number of time for most of their daily travel in order to reduce the consummation of fuel by MVs.
- To build awareness amongst other personals and communities to use bi-cycle for their daily use and the impact of climate change and to improve their capacity to address climate challenges.
- Raise awareness of bi-cycle and the impact of riding daily basis which will comply climate change and disasters amongst mass.
- Facilitate field level research by researchers. Over a period of two months researcher will carry out research into the effects of number of regular rides, increment of daily commuters and total amount of carbon foot print cased by same number of commute by MV’s and its impact on climate change and on communities. This research will particularly focus on how you can reduce carbon foot print and fight climate change.
What can 1000 helmets do?
- Number of riders will be increased
- Number of rides will be increased
- Ensure a level of safety
- Virtual bike lane will be created
- Cut down 1354.4 mt of carbon footprint/1k/yr
- Extensive visibility
- Instant impact
- Expanding network
I hereby certify that the above information I have provided are true and I understand the risk and responsibilities as a volunteer during the event. I solely agree to observe the rules and regulations of the event. At any circumstance, Kewkradong Bangladesh or its alliance will not be held responsible for any kind of accident/injury or loss of any personal belongings/properties. Kewkradong Bangladesh reserves all rights on making any change of event schedule at any time.
I hereby grant the event photographers permission to photograph me. I further give my irrevocable consent to photographer and his/her direct or indirect licensees and assignees to publish republish or otherwise transmit the images of myself in any medium for all purposes throughout the world. I am of legal age and have the full legal capacity to execute this authorization without the consent or knowledge of any other person.